Haywoods

Haywoods

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Mondays with Mommy - 1st edition

This year Maddy is going to preschool (Blessed Beginnings) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays.  That leaves Mondays open for an entire day with Maddy.  This is a great day to put aside any projects, major house work, and tedious errands I have to do for another day.  My goal is to use Mondays to take Maddy on special trips, do projects with her at home, and/or just play with her.  Mondays are for Maddy!  

Sunday evening I thought I had our Monday planned out, for the most part.  We were going to go to Little Beakers (a kids' science lab) with our friends, eat lunch at home, and then our first dance class in the afternoon.  This is really what happened...

Quick Shopping Trip
On our way to Little Beakers we got the call that they were not open.  We rerouted our trip to the park.  We stopped for a quick swing and then decided there were too many mosquitoes.  Our friends were going grocery shopping. Well, once Maddy hears that she is all in.  Maddy LOVES her HEB and really any grocery store for that matter.  We decided to join our friends at the store for a quick trip to pick up a few things I had forgotten on my trip.  We went to Kroger, where they have little carts for kids.  Good thing its something new and novel for Maddy, because her HEB doesn't have these. Maddy insisted on putting everything we got in her cart!

In the Kitchen
Maddy really enjoys helping in the kitchen, especially if it includes pouring and tasting. I have really been wanting to make her healthy snacks that are appealing to her.  The problem is if I don't plan it I'm usually missing an ingredient or I just make the excuse that I don't have time.  Really, it doesn't take that much more time.  Changing the way you eat is a life style change and just about creating new habits.  I have been following Super Healthy Kids on Facebook and noticed these easy Flourless Chocolate Chip Almond Butter muffins.  They are from Running with Spoons.  They were easy to make, easy to eat, easy to clean up, and easy to take on the go. Great healthy snack for kiddos or adults. 

First DANCE class
Eeekk! It has begun!  Maddy started her first ballet and tap class.  She will take dance every Monday afternoon.  A perfect addition to Maddy's Mondays.  Though, it has been my dream for my little girls to take dance, Maddy has been requesting it most of the summer. Her girlie side is slowly coming out.  My favorite part, as of now, is getting to put her hair up.  If you know Maddy she only likes to wear it two ways... down in her face or a little bitty pony right now top.  I'm so excited I get to put it up in a pony tail or bun.  OH MY!!! Isn't she so stickin CUTE! in her leotard and tights.  I'll have to get a picture next week of her participating in class. 




This will be an excellent way to document Maddy's toddler days with me... since she has now exceeded the baby book age limit. I look forwarded to coming back next week for a second edition of Mondays with Mommy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment