Haywoods

Haywoods

Friday, December 10, 2010

Pink and Brown Baby Shower

It's almost been a week since two of my dearest friends gave me an amazing baby shower!  I call it the "Pink and Brown Baby Shower"  because every detail was pink and brown.  Sylvia mentioned in a blog that it had thrown up in her living room.  After seeing all of the little details that went into preparing everything I can see how it may have looked like that all over her apartment.  
Anyways...
Jen and Sylvia, without knowing each other previously, partnered up to throw me a wonderful baby shower for Madelyn Paige.  Both of these strong women have not had "the best of luck" this past fall.  I'm sure one of the last worries on their mind was a baby shower.  That did not stop them from planning together over the phone, threw email and even facebook.  After attending you would have never known that they didn't spend hours and hours together planning and coordinating.  I didn't even realize all of the little details until I got home and really looked at everything very closely.  The diaper cake alone was a big project... it even had a tutu.  
Diaper Cake by Sylvia
The decorations were well done and a perfect match for Madelyn's room.  Pink, brown, ribbons, bows, and frills!!!
Center of the Shower
The guest for my shower included best friends, friends from church, second moms and family, mostly from Brandon's side.  One of my best friends from Austin, Liz, even traveled in and stayed with us for the weekend to come. 
The food was awesome and the sweets were delicious!  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the spread.
Food Spread
Did I mention the beautiful cake, Sylvia's Oreo balls, and Jen's signature cake balls?  This was defiantly a shower for a girl having a girl. 
Jen's Signature Cake Balls

The Cake "Welcome Baby Madelyn"

The shower also had a little twist.  Guest were asked to bring a book for Madelyn in place of a card.  I loved this!  She got a good start on her library with a verity of books.  Books her mommy and daddy can read her, books she can play with her self and books she can listen to before bed time.  The guests even wrote little messages to her, so she will know who got it for her when she reads it. Her favorite one will probably be "My Little Golden Book About God."  This was from her Loli that was actually my book when I was a little girl. I received this book as a birthday present when I turned 2. 

We received some great gifts!  We got almost everything to help prepare for the arrival of baby Madelyn.  
All the Awesome Gifts
Along with some essentials we also received some cute and original things as well.  Her family and friends are loving buying her girl clothes and accessories. One of my favs, that also has a story...
Miss Priss Bloomers from her Bevy
One of the items for nursery I was most anxious about was the bedding.  Well, Brandon's Aunt Linda saved the day.  I had no clue I was going to actually get her bedding and love it! (I was a good girl a week or so out from the shower and did not check my registries.) I love her bedding more then I thought I would.  I had only seen it online.  It matches her wall colors perfectly and goes well with her furniture.  Here is a sneak peak of the bedding.  I will post a pic of her bed with all of it on there later on. (Brandon has to help me put the sheets on.)
Quilt from her bedding
A huge THANK YOU goes to my best friend Jen and my Sylvita for doing a beautiful job putting on a baby shower in honor of Madelyn Paige!  We are so blessed to have sooo many true friends in our lives.  I wish I had a pic of us three, but I had to jack these pics from Sylvia's facebook.  I guess she choose not to put the one of us up.  Stay tuned on nursery pics and possibly more pics from Madelyn's showers. 
Thank you to all who came to help us prepare for the arrival of Madelyn Paige in late January.  We love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment