Haywoods

Haywoods

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Three Months of JOY

Maddy's 3rd Month

Wow!  I can't believe it has been three months since my little Madelyn was born.  In a way it seems like just yesterday I was big, pregnant and nesting and on the other hand I feel like she's always been here with us. 
It has been a while since I have blogged, so I feel like there is lots to catch up on.  Hmmm... that sounds a little familiar of all areas in my life right now.  I feel like I'm always catching up on things, which is usually not me and something that really bugs me. We've been so busy experiencing life and making memories with Maddy I hardly have time to document them all.  


March 19
"A New Child of God"  -Madelyn's Baptism

Maddy's baptism is one of my favorite memories with her.  Lots of our family and friends joined us on the day to witness and celebrate her baptism with us.  My family traveled from Louisiana for the weekend to see her baptism.  My best friend from Austin came down, too.  As we were planning for her big day I really didn't think to hard about it.  I invited family and close friends to join us, but it didn't seem like a lot at the time.  I just thought these are the people that I would naturally send a personal invitation to. As you know, the sacrament of baptism and any sacrament is open to the community to join and be a part of.  Maddy is so lucky to have some awesome Godparents.  Her Godmother is my Aunt Mary aka Nanny Mary, who happens to be my Godmother as well.  Her Godfather is my long time very good friend Jeff.  Its exciting for Maddy to have a Godfather who is in the Seminary to be a priest.  When it was our turn for Maddy to have her Holy dunking the Deacon had to pause for a bit.  It took a little while for everyone to walk up to see her.  It looked like a crowd standing across from the fountain.  Everyone was there just to see Maddy be baptized.  I was in awww at the time.  I couldn't believe how much love was standing there to witness her initiation into the Catholic faith.  After the baptism we had a lunch at our house.  It was lots of fun for everyone to hold, feed and play with Maddy.  

Maddy hanging out after her baptism

At Home with Maddy
Before going back to work I tried to soak up all of my time with my baby girl.  I absolutely loved staying home with her.  We did lots of things together while I was staying home.  We kept very busy.  We watched tv, went shopping and ran errands and went to lunch. Our last day together we went to lunch with Bevy. 
Running errands with Mommy

Mommy Went Back to Work 
I was so anxious and dreading going back to work.  When the actual day came it really wasn't that bad. I missed my baby girl so much and would think about her cute little faces and her new smile all day at work.  Even though I was sad not to be with her all day, I knew she would be in great hands.  We have the best most wonderful babysitter ever.  We are so lucky and blessed to have Reasa watching Maddy.  My first day back I felt comfortable and I was so calm because I knew Maddy was being taken care of just like I would or maybe even better.  Its great because Maddy is around another baby her same age, Rilyn, Reasa's baby girl.  She also has a toddler friend, too.  As you can see from the pictures Maddy is having lots of fun at Reasa's!
Pajama Party
Maddy loves diaper changes

These girls love to watch TV

Smiles and Bows 
I'm sure there is lots more to reflect on and I would love to tell you about Maddy's first Easter, but I have lots of other things to catch up on too.  Here are some of my favorite pictures from this past month with Maddy!

I love my daddy!

I like to sleep on the couch!

Passion Sunday

My eyes are glued to the TV

This is my new favorite dress!


Easter Sunday

Rockin the Purple!


  I have some "Sylvia Pix" coming soon, so I will do another post shortly!
Until next time, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment