Haywoods

Haywoods

Sunday, May 8, 2011

So Lucky to be a Mommy!

1st Mother's Day
Today I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day!  The whole day I just kept thinking how lucky I am to be a mom and how blessed I am to have such a precious little baby girl.  Of course I couldn't be a  mom without having a mom, which lead me to thinking about how lucky and blessed I am to have my  mom. 
We had a great day.  We went to church this morning at 10:45 like we do most every Sunday.  Except for today we had mass in the Mary Chapel.  (Our church is upgrading and expanding our main Church.)  Another special thing about going to church today was that we were asked to bring up the offertory. Usually for practicing Catholics, not a big deal, but it was Maddy's first time.  All five of us were able to walk up.  
After mass we went to Mia Bella's in Vintage Park.  We decided to do a big Mother's Day lunch with both sides of our family.  So, we had  a big group.  This way we were able to be with both our moms to celebrate all of us.  Lunch was good, but I was a little sad it was buffet style.  Bottomless mimosas made it better! 
We gave Brandon's mom perfume. And we gave my mom Yellow Box flip flops and an owl Pandora charm.  I made home made cards for both of our moms the best part was Maddy signed the cards with her hand print.  
Brandon and Maddy gave me a very sweet card and a pair of diamond earrings.  
We then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at home... Maddy and I had a nap together for the recliner.  Oh how I miss those days!!! 
Loli, Mommy, and Maddy


Dancing on the table with Uncle Ryan

Uncle Jamo visited in the evening

Maddy's cute outfit
I am so happy to be a mommy to Madelyn Paige! Happy Mother's Day to all my family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Her outfit is freaking precious!!! You're such a good momma love you all and Happy belated Mothers Day :)

    ReplyDelete