Haywoods

Haywoods

Monday, October 18, 2010

Lots to do before I'm due!

Current To Do List -(What's on my mind now!)

1. Paint the nursery -Am I behind on this?  Should I have more done by now?  Madelyn's unprepared room is making me a little nervous.  I  know some would say I'm just fine and to not freak out, but those who are always on schedule might say differently.  Her furniture that we ordered has come in.  The dresser/changer and chest were already put together.  The crib is in a box and will stay like that until we paint.  I feel like its a domino effect... we must order bedding to decide paint color, then paint, and then Brandon can put the crib together.  (I'll keep you posted on this process.)

Madelyn's Furniture 

2. Birthing Classes -What? -I am lost!!! I hear so many different things.  Honestly, I don't want to think about the birthing process... I just want her to come out when its time.  Needles, blood, pain, hospitals... FREAK ME OUT! I'm worried learning more about this is just going to lead to anxiety about delivery.  I know... I need to stop being a wimp!  It must be AMAZING if so many women do it and then choose to do it over and over again! So, Brandon's job tonight is to look over some classes I've done some research on.

3. Find Childcare -This one subject makes me very anxious!  It looks like I will go back to work shortly after Spring Break.  That leaves two months, before I am off for the summer.  At this point I am looking for those two months.  I can worry about next year as the year progresses and during the summer if needed. The other challenge this brings is that I am very particular. (Yes, I know I am particular about a lot of things, but this is my baby girl.) In a dream world I would love to have someone come to my house, at least the first few months. Okay, I woke up. Probably not going to happen.  I would like to find a babysitter who keeps one or two other babies/toddlers.  Once she gets older three or four total under the age of four is fine.  I'm open for suggestions and recommendations on this! or if you would like to apply for the job, feel free!


4. Prepare my Classroom -What I teach is so rare and specialized that I feel like I need to do a lot of prep work before I am out for 6 to 9 weeks.  I have to prepare testing for my kiddos, my lessons, and my room!  I want it to be easy and smooth for my kiddos, paras, and sub.  The smoother it is for my kiddos, the easier it will be for everyone else.  My babies do not like change, so detailed instructions and explanations are a must!


***I'm always open for comments, suggestions, recommendations and advice!***
I'll have to do my 26 weeks update later!

No comments:

Post a Comment