Haywoods

Haywoods

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hello! Third Trimester

Week: 27


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 16 lbs. (as of four days ago)

Sleep: About the same.  Three pillows are a must.  One for my head, one between my legs, and one behind my back shoved under my lower back.  This requires Brandon's assistance.

Movement: Yes!  We discovered she loves music.  My family went to listen to my brother play a gig with an acoustic artiest for the first time and we also heard another band.  She was very active the entire time.  My mom was able to feel her for the first time, too!

Food Cravings: Not really! I love root beer, because its something other then water without caffeine.

Have you started to show yet?: Umm YES! I get a verity of comments on how far a long I look, usually from strangers.  Many can't believe I'm not due till January and some say I'm just fine.  I getting used to carrying her around now.

Belly Button In or Out: Still in.

Wedding ring on or off: On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!   Little things make me irritated.

Best Moment this Week: Hanging out with my family on Saturday night to listen to my brother play his first lil gig.  Then a late dinner at Blue Water.

Weekly Baby Purchase: I didn't actually buy it this weekend, but last weekend at a craft fair.  I just had to have it, plus her hat and bow collection has to start somewhere.
Knitted Newborn hat with a flower clip
Its from Diaper Delites!

Gifts for Baby: My mom saw one of her good friends, Tracy, this weekend for her daughter's baby shower. She made something especially for Madelyn, a daughter of Red Raiders! Thanks Tracy, it is so cute!
A lil Raider Tutu


Milestones: Madelyn's Nursery Is Painted!!!! Last Friday I started getting really anxious about my "To Do, before I'm Due List", including things from my last post.  I started thinking about our upcoming calendar.  Every weekend looked full.  The next available time for Brandon to paint her room was the weekend after Thanksgiving. That was just too far away, plus we all know, that's when you decorate for Christmas. After talking to my mom, I made a quick decision that this was the weekend.  When I got home I picked out the paint colors, told Brandon, and we planned for him to begin Saturday.  We choose two pinks.  A darker for an accent wall and a lighter pink for the other three walls.  Something else will soon be painted on the accent wall.  I will leave you in suspense until it is complete.  He worked his little heart out and got a lot done on Saturday.  He then finished Sunday.  He ALSO put the crib together!!! I love the paint choices I ended up with.  That usually doesn't happen for me. 
Pink Walls and Crib


I actually really enjoyed my second trimester.  I was no longer queasy and feeling hung over all of the time along with being extremely tired.  My anxiety also took some time off.  Yes, I still had stress, but over all I felt great.  I've been able to stay involved with all of my usual commitments... Servant Leader, Senior Class, Friends, being a LIFE skills teacher and began preparing for our little gift coming in January.  We are so blessed!  Sometimes I feel unworthy of having all of these great things.  I just thank our Lord every morning, night and moments in between!

1 comment:

  1. lizzi and i will be helping to make her bow collection fantastic!! we talked about it yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete